If you have decided that you are going to advertise your internet business using search engine optimization, then you need to do some keyword search marketing before you do anything else. Keywords will ultimately get you the visitors to your website that you need to be successful.
Using a keyword tool like Google Adwords Keyword Tool will give you ideas on the keywords your customers are using in their searches to find what they want. Be careful though, not all keywords are good ones. Some may be obsolete and not work for you. So choose wisely.
No matter how you are going to advertise, article marketing, PPC (pay-per-click) or search engine optimization, effective keywords are important to each one. Below are simple steps you can follow to do a keyword search.
1. Do a Google search for Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
2 When you get there, type a keyword related to whatever product or service you are offering in the search bar.
3. Type in the captcha security characters in the box provided.
4. Click “get keyword ideas”.
5. You will get a list of keyword search marketing ideas related to your product or service and info on how many searches that particular keyword gets and what your competition is, in numbers. What you are looking for when you see these numbers is a high search rate with low competition. This is a good keyword.
6. Now, open Notepad and copy and paste the good keywords you find into it. Remember, finding good keywords may take some time. It is not always as easy as it sounds. They generally do not just jump right off the page into your lap. Be patient.
7. Keep searching, do this over and over again until you have several keywords that will work for you. Then you can start putting your website together.
Oh, by the way, the domain name you purchase for your website should be one of these keywords followed by .com, .net, .org, etc. That way, when someone searches for that specific keyword, your site will be the first one they see at the top of the search results page. It is quite the feeling when you see that for the first time. Not only are you at the top of the search results page, but you will feel like you are on top of the world, also.
Take that momentum and just build on it. Try not to get discouraged if you don’t make any money right away. Just learn new and different ways to drive more and more traffic to your website. The money will come later. This is by no means a get rich quick kind of thing. This does take work. Just like anything you have that is worthwhile, you have to work for it.
Starting a new internet business can be intimidating and confusing. You can lessen the confusion and intimidation by knowing and understanding what it is your customers want and need. Keyword research marketing is the first step in that process.
Latest posts by Sir Timan (see all)
- Top Video Products on JVZOO January 2018 [UPDATE] - January 29, 2018
- Top PLR Products on JVZOO January 2018 [UPDATE] - January 28, 2018
- Vidinflux Deluxe Review – [Web Base] Social Video Software - January 28, 2018